age limit & documents :
- The renter should be at least 18 years old or above for renting a Self-Drive car. He/she should also possess a valid driving license.
- Documents needed to rent a Self-Drive car :
- A valid light motor vehicle (Non Transport) indian driving License
- Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter
- Verification of Driving license & ID address proof needs 2 to 3hours to approve from our end.
- We will deliver the car to the person who has booked the car not to the other person, we will match booking holder name,mobile number, driving license,id.
- Please keep your original Driving License handy. While delivering the car to you, our executive will verify your original Driving License and ID proof (same as the ones whose details were provided while making the booking). This verification is mandatory. In the unfortunate case where you cannot show these documents, we will not be able to handover the car to you, and it will be treated as a late cancellation (100% of the fare would be payable). Driving license printed on A4 sheet of paper (original or otherwise) will not be considered as a valid document.
booking of trippy car vehicles:
- The Users may choose from the vehicles which are available on the Website for the purpose of booking a Trippy car Vehicle. At the time of booking, the Users will be required to:
- Select the Trippy car Vehicle as per their requirements;
- Provide the start and end date and time, indicating the duration for which the Trippy car Vehicle will be required for use by the User;
- Provide the details of the address where the vehicle needs to be delivered to the User, and where he will return the vehicle;
- Pay the Fees for use of the Vehicle through any of the payment systems that Trippy car is using at that point of time.
- Booking will be canceled automatically if the customer dose not take the Vehicle for 6 hours from the booking time.
- In case a User wishes to cancel a reservation or shorten the period for which a vehicle has been reserved, he must do so in advance, charges will cut as outlined in the booking details in user profile.
- If a User wishes to extend a reservation, such User is required to communicate request for extension to Trippy car prior to the timeline outlined in the Fee Policy. Trippy car shall have the sole discretion to allow such extension or refuse the same. A request for extension will only be permitted where:
- The Trippy car Vehicle is available for use for the extension period (for example, it is not reserved by another User); and upon payment of Fees in advance for such extended period
RIGHT TO SAY NO :
- Trippy has all the right to refuse renting a car to any person whomsoever considered unfit to drive or does not fulfill all or any of the requisite requirements, our T & C.
- Trippy has right to change the vehicle incase of breakdown, accident or any technical issue.
- All breakdowns or incidents involving Trippycar vehicles must be reported to Trippycar immediately by phone to 8882226226 and via email on [email protected]
- Jump start. If You perform a jump start to Trippycar vehicle, You must inform Trippycar immediately by phone. You are fully responsible for any damage that may result from the improper use of jumper cables or other tools. It is strictly forbidden to provide a jump start to any vehicle other than a Trippycar vehicle.
- In case of vehicle breakdown, it is the user`s duty to inform Trippy immediately. Customers are advised not to drive the car if it gets damaged in an accident or develop any faults. If the vehicle cannot be repaired at the location of breakdown, a replacement vehicle will be provided by Trippy, subject to availability.
theft protection :
- The renter should make sure that the vehicle is properly locked when unattended and must not be parked in no-parking zone or any public area for long periods. The renter is completely responsible for the security of vehicle and in the event of theft is liable to pay the calculative amount.
use of vehicle :
In the event of any disputes, differences, controversies and questions directly or indirectly arising at any time hereafter between a User and Trippy or their respective representatives or assigns under, out of, in connection with, or in relation to, these Terms (or the subject matter of these Terms) including, without limitation, all disputes, differences, controversies and questions relating to the validity, interpretation, construction, performance and enforcement of any provision of these Terms, (hereinafter referred to as a “Dispute”), the same shall be referred to binding arbitration at the request of the User or Trippy, in writing, in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 or any statutory modification or alteration thereof for the time being in force. The arbitral tribunal shall comprise a sole arbitrator to be appointed by Trippy whose decision in relation to any such Dispute shall be final and binding on the Parties hereto.
The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the English language. The seat of arbitration shall be in New Delhi.
The costs of arbitration shall be fixed by the arbitral tribunal and the tribunal in the final award shall specify
the party entitled to costs;
the party who shall pay the costs;
the amount of such costs; and
the manner in which the costs shall be paid. For the purpose of this Clause, ‘costs of arbitration’ shall mean the fees and expenses of the arbitrator, legal fees and expenses, any administrative fees and any other expense incurred in connection with the arbitral proceedings and the arbitral award.
No party or person involved in any way in the creation, coordination or operation of the arbitration of any Dispute may disclose the existence, content or results of the Dispute or any arbitration conducted under this Agreement in relation to that Dispute save as required in order to enforce this Clause and / or any arbitral award made pursuant to these Terms.
21. Roadside Assistance :
- Trippy makes reasonable best efforts to provide roadside assistance support in all cases. If, however, a User's need for Roadside Assistance results from a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the User may be charged for the full costs of the service.
22. Limited liability
In the event of damages, your liability is limited to a maximum of Rs 60,000. You will need to pay Damage Fee equivalent to the repair cost (as estimated by an authorized dealership) and downtime losses, upto a maximum of Rs 60,000. This is independent of the nature and terms of the insurance cover that Trippy has on the cars.
Please note that the maximum liability policy is intended to benefit and protect the responsible user. In situations of irresponsible or unsafe or negligent usage, there could be discretionary exceptions to this policy, whereby the user could be liable for all damages irrespective of whether or not Trippy is able to claim insurance in such cases. Examples of such situation include, but are not limited to:
When the User is not in compliance with the laws and/or with terms of the Trippy User Agreement
When the User is found to be under the influence of alcohol/narcotics while driving
When the User is over-speeding (i.e., above 110 Kms/Hr)
When the User is in violation of traffic rules or of the Motor Vehicles Act (for example, if the User has not paid the inter-state tax while crossing a state border)
When the person driving the vehicle at the time of the incident is found to be different than the one who made the booking
When the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the User continues driving the vehicle even when it is performing abnormally
When the number of people in the car at the time of the incident exceed the standard seating capacity of the car
When the incident happened in a state for which the user had failed to pay the inter-state tax while entering the state
When there is misrepresentation of information in the driving license and ID proof details shared by the user
Where there is clear evidence of extremely rash and negligent driving on the user's part
In cases where the estimated damage charges exceed the security deposit, we will request the user to pay the same at the time of returning the car. In cases of non-payment, Trippy reserves the right of legal action, reporting to credit bureau and reporting to other authorities or persons, irrespective of their direct relevance to the case.
In cases of accident, fare for the unused hours will not be refunded.
Trippy typically avoids charging for very minor damages (e.g., minor scratches and dents), and covers the vast majority of damage incidents under the maximum liability policy.
In cases of collision or User failure, towing and impounding charges will be paid by the User. In cases of vehicle failure, towing and impounding charges will be paid by us.
23. Fuel reimbursement
For "with fuel" pricing: If you need to refuel during your journey, we will reimburse the cost. Just show the fuel bills to our delivery executive at the time of returning the car, and allow him to take a photograph of them. Please do NOT hand-over the original bill to the delivery executive, we will not be responsible for loss of bills handed over to the delivery executive. Please note that:
- Fuel bills need to be shown to our delivery executive at the time of return, we will NOT be able to reimburse fuel bills shared with us later.
- The fuel expense needs to reconcile reasonably with the distance travelled.
- The fuel expense needs to reconcile reasonably with the standard fuel efficiency of the car. For the purpose of this reconciliation and for the benefit of the user, we assume a lower mileage than what is defined by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India).
- The date on the fuel bill should fall within the booking period.
- Hand-written fuel bills will be considered invalid.
24. TOLLS, PARKING, INTER-STATE TAXES: To be paid by you.
25. PRE-HANDOVER INSPECTION: Please inspect the car (including the fuel gauge and odometer) thoroughly before approving the checklist.
late pick-ups / early drop-offs :
- The rental starts and finishes according to the pickup and drop-off dates and times documented. Trippy is not liable to provide any refunds for an unused time if a car is picked up late or dropped off early.
Traffic voilation :
- The renter is solely liable to pay for any traffic violation tickets received during their journey. The renter will pay the charge if the traffic department will sent the violation tickets directly to the company
Enrollment as user:
- By accepting these Terms and Conditions, the User has agreed to enrol as a User under the Scheme to avail the facility for rental of Trippy car Vehicles.
- The User further acknowledges and understands that he/she shall not at any time challenge any of the provisions of these Terms or the contents of the Website on the premise that the terms and conditions have not been read by the User or that the User is not aware of the enrolment formalities or that the User has not understood any provision of these Terms or the procedures, formalities, benefits rights and/or obligations as contained on the Website.
- There is no difference between User & Customer. User is a person who registered with Trippycar.com and customer is a person who hired the vehicle.