age limit & documents :
- The renter should be at least 18 years old or above for renting a Self-Drive car. He/she should also possess a valid driving license.
- Documents needed to rent a Self-Drive car :
- A valid light motor vehicle (Non Transport) indian driving License
- Passport/Aadhar Card/Voter Id
RIGHT TO SAY NO :
- Trippy has all the right to refuse renting a car to any person whomsoever considered unfit to drive or does not fulfill all or any of the requisite requirements, our T & C.
- All breakdowns or incidents involving Trippycar vehicles must be reported to Trippycar immediately by phone to 8882226226 and via email on [email protected]
- Jump start. If You perform a jump start to Trippycar vehicle, You must inform Trippycar immediately by phone. You are fully responsible for any damage that may result from the improper use of jumper cables or other tools. It is strictly forbidden to provide a jump start to any vehicle other than a Trippycar vehicle.
- In case of vehicle breakdown, it is the user`s duty to inform Trippy immediately. Customers are advised not to drive the car if it gets damaged in an accident or develop any faults. If the vehicle cannot be repaired at the location of breakdown, a replacement vehicle will be provided by Trippy, subject to availability.
theft protection :
- The renter should make sure that the vehicle is properly locked when unattended and must not be parked in no-parking zone or any public area for long periods. The renter is completely responsible for the security of vehicle and in the event of theft is liable to pay the calculative amount.
use of vehicle :
- The renters cannot use Trippy's vehicle as a taxi or for transporting people in exchange of money; it is solely for the purpose of personal use.
- The user cannot be under the influence of Alcohol and/or any other narcotic substance which can impair the user’s ability to drive.
- The user must ensure that the number of passengers in the vehicle does not exceed the number of seat belts provided in the vehicle.
- The vehicle cannot be used for any activity which is deemed illegal by the Indian penal code. Customers are not allowed to carry arms, ammunitions and banned drugs.
- Smoking and drinking (alcohol) not allowed: The user cannot be under the influence of Alcohol, smoking and/or any other narcotic substance which can impair the user’s ability to drive. In such case a fine of Rs. 500 shall be levied. Member is subject to additional fine if evidence of smoking, chewing drinking or doping is found under the Trippy car.
- Speed limit should not exceed 110 kmph (Fine 500/- rupees each time) After 3 times the vehicle will be stopped.
- Driving Limitations: 250 kmph per day (24 hour) Extra kilometer shall be charged Rupees 02/Kilometer.
- Late Return Fine shall be Rs. 500/- overall + Rs. 120/- per hour.
- Rupees 500/- fine for excessive idling for more than three times.
- Tyre misuse: In case of any tyre damages resulting from driving in bad terrain and continued driving in case of tyre puncture, customers will be charged for the cost of tyre on actuals.
- Car spare part changed: Customers should not change or remove any car spare parts. In case of emergency, the customer should inform Trippycar and act as per advice. Customers will be charged a penalty of Rs. 5000 over and above the cost of spare part.
- Traffic violation: Customers are liable to pay for any traffic violation tickets received during their journey. Trippycar can charge traffic violation from the customer’s credit/debit card on actuals if the violations tickets are sent directly to the company by the traffic department
- Running vehicle in damaged conditions: Customers are not advised to drive the car if it gets damaged in an accident. Customers are advised to inform TRIPPYCAR immediately. In such case, customers will be charged for the cost of spare parts on actuals.
- Unauthorized activity in the car: Customers are not allowed to carry arms, ammunitions and banned drugs. In addition, use of car for commercial activity such as product sell and promotion, and carry goods is strictly prohibited. In such cases, customers will be charged a penalty of Rs. 5000.
- External branding: Any form of external branding on the car is prohibited. Customers are not allowed to paste or paint any external brand promotion on the car. Customers will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 5000.
- Tampering with devices: Customers are not allowed to tamper with the odometer, GPS device and in-car technology devices. Customers will have to pay a penalty of Rs. 1000 and over in addition to the actual cost of the device.
- Deliberately driving the car in water: Customers will be charged for the actual cost of repair and spare parts.
- Producing fake and tampered personal documents: Customers will be charged a penalty of Rs. 1000 if found guilty.
- Over speeding: Users are allowed to drive the Vehicle up to a maximum speed of 120 km/hr (74 TRIPPY/hr), beyond which the Vehicle will be considered as over speeding. A penalty of Rs. 200 will be charged on the first instance, followed by a further penalty of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 for 2nd instance and 3rd instance respectively making it a total of Rs. 1,700/- at third instance. After the third instance, Booking will stand cancelled and the Company shall get the right to take back the Vehicle and terminate this Agreement and After 3 times the vehicle will be stopped.
The fourth instance of speed violation shall be treated as violation of terms and conditions of the agreement and the rental agreement shall be treated as void. Any usage of the vehicle in such a case shall be treated as unauthorized usage and TRIPPYCAR reserves the right to recover the vehicle.
In the event of any disputes, differences, controversies and questions directly or indirectly arising at any time hereafter between a User and Trippy or their respective representatives or assigns under, out of, in connection with, or in relation to, these Terms (or the subject matter of these Terms) including, without limitation, all disputes, differences, controversies and questions relating to the validity, interpretation, construction, performance and enforcement of any provision of these Terms, (hereinafter referred to as a “Dispute”), the same shall be referred to binding arbitration at the request of the User or Trippy, in writing, in accordance with the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 or any statutory modification or alteration thereof for the time being in force. The arbitral tribunal shall comprise a sole arbitrator to be appointed by Trippy whose decision in relation to any such Dispute shall be final and binding on the Parties hereto.
The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the English language. The seat of arbitration shall be in New Delhi.
The costs of arbitration shall be fixed by the arbitral tribunal and the tribunal in the final award shall specify
the party entitled to costs;
the party who shall pay the costs;
the amount of such costs; and
the manner in which the costs shall be paid. For the purpose of this Clause, ‘costs of arbitration’ shall mean the fees and expenses of the arbitrator, legal fees and expenses, any administrative fees and any other expense incurred in connection with the arbitral proceedings and the arbitral award.
No party or person involved in any way in the creation, coordination or operation of the arbitration of any Dispute may disclose the existence, content or results of the Dispute or any arbitration conducted under this Agreement in relation to that Dispute save as required in order to enforce this Clause and / or any arbitral award made pursuant to these Terms.
21. Roadside Assistance :
Trippy makes reasonable best efforts to provide roadside assistance support in all cases. If, however, a User's need for Roadside Assistance results from a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the User may be charged for the full costs of the service.
22. Limited liability
In the event of damages, your liability is limited to a maximum of Rs 30000. You will need to pay Damage Fee equivalent to the repair cost (as estimated by an authorized dealership) and downtime losses, upto a maximum of Rs 30000. This is independent of the nature and terms of the insurance cover that Trippy has on the cars.
Please note that the maximum liability policy is intended to benefit and protect the responsible user. In situations of irresponsible or unsafe or negligent usage, there could be discretionary exceptions to this policy, whereby the user could be liable for all damages irrespective of whether or not Trippy is able to claim insurance in such cases. Examples of such situation include, but are not limited to:
When the User is not in compliance with the laws and/or with terms of the Trippy User Agreement
When the User is found to be under the influence of alcohol/narcotics while driving
When the User is over-speeding (i.e., above 110 Kms/Hr)
When the User is in violation of traffic rules or of the Motor Vehicles Act (for example, if the User has not paid the inter-state tax while crossing a state border)
When the person driving the vehicle at the time of the incident is found to be different than the one who made the booking
When the vehicle workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature (this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the User continues driving the vehicle even when it is performing abnormally
When the number of people in the car at the time of the incident exceed the standard seating capacity of the car
When the incident happened in a state for which the user had failed to pay the inter-state tax while entering the state
When there is misrepresentation of information in the driving license and ID proof details shared by the user
Where there is clear evidence of extremely rash and negligent driving on the user's part
In cases where the estimated damage charges exceed the security deposit, we will request the user to pay the same at the time of returning the car. In cases of non-payment, Trippy reserves the right of legal action, reporting to credit bureau and reporting to other authorities or persons, irrespective of their direct relevance to the case.
In cases of accident, fare for the unused hours will not be refunded.
Trippy typically avoids charging for very minor damages (e.g., minor scratches and dents), and covers the vast majority of damage incidents under the maximum liability policy.
In cases of collision or User failure, towing and impounding charges will be paid by the User. In cases of vehicle failure, towing and impounding charges will be paid by us.
23. Fuel reimbursement
For "with fuel" pricing: If you need to refuel during your journey, we will reimburse the cost. Just show the fuel bills to our delivery executive at the time of returning the car, and allow him to take a photograph of them. Please do NOT hand-over the original bill to the delivery executive, we will not be responsible for loss of bills handed over to the delivery executive. Please note that:
Fuel bills need to be shown to our delivery executive at the time of return, we will NOT be able to reimburse fuel bills shared with us later.
The fuel expense needs to reconcile reasonably with the distance travelled.
The fuel expense needs to reconcile reasonably with the standard fuel efficiency of the car. For the purpose of this reconciliation and for the benefit of the user, we assume a lower mileage than what is defined by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India).
The date on the fuel bill should fall within the booking period.
Hand-written fuel bills will be considered invalid.
late pick-ups / early drop-offs :
- The rental starts and finishes according to the pickup and drop-off dates and times documented. Trippy is not liable to provide any refunds for an unused time if a car is picked up late or dropped off early.
Traffic voilation :
- The renter is solely liable to pay for any traffic violation tickets received during their journey. The renter will pay the charge if the traffic department will sent the violation tickets directly to the company
Extention charges :
- Extension charges 300 if informed earlier If not informed 500 each day.
Security Deposit :
- The renter has to pay a total amount of Rs 5000 for taking any economy budget car as a security deposit and Rs 15,000 for luxury car. At the time of delivery of the Vehicle to the User, Trippy shall have the right to block an advance deposit in case of any unpaid dues as per these Terms and Conditions and/or damage to the Vehicle.